Monday, January 18, 2010

Tomorrow is the Big Day!

On January 19, 2010 I will begin what is sure to be one of the most challenging and rewarding experiences of my life. I am going to start an internship as a student teacher that will last until March 29- that's 10 weeks! My partner and I will be teaching in an 11th grade American History class and we plan on rocking at it. In this first week we plan to ease into things, getting to know the students a little better, and figuring out exactly when we will be taking over the class. We should get a good 9 weeks or so of being in charge of things- I really can't believe they are letting us be responsible for the education of these students when we are still students ourselves!

The coolest thing about this experience is the safety of the internship environment. Under the guidance of our supervising teacher we have the freedom to try out whatever we want with the students. We can be brave when it comes to planning lessons and activities for the students and I am really excited to get going. The only thing I am not thrilled about is the early wake up time, but I knew what I was signing up for, so I will get used to it.

Hopefully my sanity will remain mostly intact and I will be able to update this blog regularly- follow my adventure as a student-teacher!

1 comment:

  1. Angie, Good luck and I love you, you and your teammate will be amazing!! The kids are lucky to have you!!

    ReplyDelete