Friday, February 5, 2010

Day 13 - Lucky Number 13.

Today was the 13th day of Carrie and I teaching, and it was an excellent day!

We finished the political cartoons in 5th period and during both 4th and 5th periods we reviewed the essay questions and had time to review vocabulary again. I was really proud of the way the student groups planned their essays. I could tell that in addition to looking in their textbooks, all the students had, on at least a small level, absorbed some of the information we taught them. I saw students making connections, asking solid questions, and making inferences and drawing conclusions based on historical content. While not all of them were on task 100% of the time, they got their work done and they did it in a timely fashion. Our supervising teacher had very positive feedback to give us after 4th period and Carrie and I felt great. Now, if the students study for the test and do well next week, then I will be even happier.

Today I felt like a teacher and it felt really, really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment