Sunday, February 21, 2010

Day 18 - Goodbye, four day weekend.

My apologies for not updating all week . . . 
Four day weekends are a gift from heaven. I spent most of mine on a retreat with the Catholic Campus Ministry at UCF and it was a much needed spiritual vacation. And lucky me, I got to jump back into real life on Tuesday by getting back into the classroom. The four days of school last week were awesome and I had high hopes for the upcoming four days.

Since we had done the Haiti lesson last Thursday with first period, we started them on section 15.1 on Tuesday. This was the Presidents of the Gilded Age lesson with the Gallery Walk activity. The students weren't thrilled about this activity, but they did it. We didn't quite have enough time to finish up, so I planned to give them a little more time on Thursday. I learned later that day in our seminar class at UF that I probably could have improved my lesson and made life easier for myself and my students by being more specific about the instructions for the gallery walk posters. But, as the first day of a four day week, Tuesday went pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment