Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Day 23 - Terrific Tuesday

Today we reviewed sections 15.1/2 with 1st period and they took their quiz. They were generally very well behaved during the review (an impending quiz tends to subdue them) and exceptionally well-behaved during the quiz. For some reason, the class that normally gives us the most trouble is the most respectful during quizzes and tests. It is all we can do to get 4th and 5th period to stop talking while their classmates finish working, but 1st period is so quiet it's almost disconcerting. Don't get me wrong, though, I am SO not complaining :)

Happy story of the day:
One of our first period students made up her chapter 14 test after school today. During homeroom, though, I asked her if she wanted to study the vocabulary or ask any questions about the essay prompts that might be on her test. She told me that she usually doesn't answer the essay questions, to which I immediately responded, "Well, you are going to answer them today." She ended up taking our vocab flashcards to study during the school day and I gave her a review packet that included the possible essay questions. She came in after school and I reviewed the essays with her. She took her test and did much better than she usually does, largely because she got full credit on her essay responses. It was a proud moment for me and a minor accomplishment that makes the tough moments more bearable.

No comments:

Post a Comment