Sunday, February 21, 2010

Day 19 - Carrie's Observation

Wednesday morning was Carrie's individual observation, so I spent most of 4th period grading papers and talking to our UF supervisor. I enjoyed having some time to talk to her and get her perspective on students in general and, more specifically, on our students. I tried to give Carrie as much space, control, and independence as I could during her observation, but I helped out students a couple of times. It was hard staying on the sidelines and Carrie said it was weird being the only one "in charge" at the front of the classroom.

5th period went pretty well, too, but they are so talkative that it can be exhausting trying to deal with it for 100 minutes. Our student who wants to use his 504 as a crutch was at it again, trying to find an excuse to turn in an assignment late. I had a thorough argument/discussion with him and I think maybe I started to get through to him about the importance of being responsible and making smart decisions about doing his work- only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment